top of page
- Wed, Jun 28Two day online training & workshopJun 28, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PMTwo day online training & workshopThis 2 day online workshop will help us become aware of the ways we've been affected by vicarious trauma. We engage in a learning process of exploring methods to reduce stress and increase wellbeing. Dates: 6/28 & 6/29, 10am-1pm. Join us & register here: http://bit.ly/VTjun2023
- Tue, Jun 27Online & at Bet Am Shalom SynagogueJun 27, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMOnline & at Bet Am Shalom SynagogueIya Rev. DeShannon joins New York State's Dept. of Health & the AIDS Institute Faith Communities Project for an Interfaith sexuality discussion with New York religious and spiritual leaders. Register here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FCPregistrationJune272023
- Mon, Jun 26Zoom PanelJun 26, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PMZoom PanelIya DeShannon joins a panel of African Diasporic Religious practitioners to discuss how we address HIV, sexuality and care for loved ones in our community. This free online event is sponsored by Ase Ire. Register here: http://tiny.cc/adrhiv
- Thu, May 25New YorkMay 25, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PMNew York, 40 Broad St, New York, NY 10004, USAJoin us 5/25, 10am-1pm, for a free trauma training hosted by FPWA as we explore, Trauma, Spirituality & Resilience. Register here: https://www.fpwa.org/may-25-training-exploring-trauma-responsive-practices-within-faith-and-spiritual-communities/
- Thu, Sep 29Register here: https://bit.ly/3RQv5EQSep 29, 2022, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PMRegister here: https://bit.ly/3RQv5EQJoin us at CONNECT Faith for an Interfaith Dialogue on Intimate Partner Violence & RJ. Faith leaders representing Islam, Ifa and Christianity will share their perspectives.
- Mon, Jul 25Union Theological SeminaryJul 25, 2022, 10:45 AM – 12:45 PMUnion Theological Seminary, 3041 Broadway, New York, NY 10027, USAInterfaith Center of New York's annual summer institute for K-12 teachers is hosting a panel of African Diasporic religious leaders. Iya Rev. DeShannon along with two powerful priestess will share insights on Ifa-Orisa and Lucumi traditions.
- Wed, Jan 05CUNY School of Professional StudiesJan 05, 2022, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM ESTCUNY School of Professional StudiesJoin us for an in-depth discussion on vicarious trauma with spiritual psychotherapist, Iya Rev. DeShannon Barnes-Bowens & activist Lumumba Akinwole-Bandele.
- Sun, Oct 17Parliament of World Religions ConferenceOct 17, 2021, 2:00 PM – 2:45 PMParliament of World Religions ConferenceHealers, activists, advocates, and caring individuals who witness the effects trauma will learn how sustainable self care actions and spiritual practices promote balance & wellbeing.
bottom of page